Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The story of my life so far...

My name is Jeni Eunice Ramos. I was a product of premarital s**. I was supposed to be given up but thankfully, my parents didn’t pull through with their plan. I was born on this rainy July 14, 1992 on a small clinic in Poblacion, Muntinlupa City. Ever since then, I celebrated my birthdays with heavy pour from the heavens. My parents are Rosalie Asunada and Jose Edwin Ramos. They married when I was 11 months old. I was their flower girl by then. My dad works at Team Energy Powerplant in Sual, Pangasinan as a Senior Control Operator. And my mom, well, she just stays at home keeping watch at our small sari sari store.


I was followed by two brothers. The second is 4 years younger than me and the third was 7 years younger. My family is very happy when together even though there are rough times. Me and my brothers are very close, so in school, people often call me “one of the boys”. Our family can be considered "Nominal Catholic", well except for my granny.

I was always the achiever in the family. They were always expecting too highly of me because I have a many talents and skills. For one, I began to have an interest on the piano when I was 3. I started playing and learning from a teacher at the age of 6. I stopped when I turned 12 but I regained my interest on playing at the age of 16.

I studied my elementary years in OLACS. I graduated with honors and a full-fledged member of the majorettes and the choir. Then I spent my whole high school years in Muntinlupa Science high School.

In school, people often tell me that “you don’t look smart, but really, you are!” I take it as a compliment even though they make me sound dumb. They sometimes call me Math Genius or Math CPU. Obviously I love math.

I was also a school dancer. I dance Folk dance and Hiphop dances. I often perform with my group in programs in our school back in highschool. You may say that I was popular but I never really made “real friends”.

When it was time to choose a college course, I took a chance on taking up a challenge. Something I’ve never imagine myself doing. Something like in the tourism sector. I challenged myself to improve. To make me a better person.

A lot of people was shocked by my decision especially my parents. Because I passed UPCAT but I didn’t chose the offer because the course is too non-challenging: BS Math. Instead, I accepted the interview offer of UST for BS Tourism. Seeing I was head-on with my decision, my friends and family supported me and hoped for the best.

The first year was rough. It was hard to make friends especially with my kind of thinking. Only few people try to understand me, and fewer people who already do. I get scared and intimidated easily. My way of thinking just doesn’t mix with theirs.

The second year was a lot better. I had friends and I was improving a lot. I have developed good talking skills and have an open perspective for everyone. I share what I know and want nothing back. I was always ready to help.

Now, I am a third year, proud of what I’ve become. I improved a lot especially on the social skills. I keep improving and keep hoping to be the best person I can be. It feels like every semester here in UST, there is a challege I need to overcome. I still have these fears I need to face. And every time I suceed, I feel like I am a better person and still routing for success in the future.

So here I am, looking for who I really am and finding the questions I've been asking for the past 18 years of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment